What You Need To Know
- Tickets for this game are sold out. Good luck on the secondary market.
- Texas A&M is ranked 9th in the AP Poll and 10th in the Coaches Poll.
- Alabama is ranked 10th in the AP Poll and 9th in the Coaches Poll.
- Texas A&M enters this game 5-0 (2-0 SEC), while Alabama brings a 5-1 (2-1 SEC) record into College Station.
- Alabama beat Texas A&M last season 59-0 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Did You Know...
- This is the first matchup of two top ten teams at Kyle Field since 2013 when Alabama was ranked #1 and Texas A&M was ranked #6.
- Texas A&M has never defeated Alabama at Kyle Field.
- Alabama leads the all-time series against Texas A&M 5-2-0.
- The University of Alabama was founded in 1831 and currently has an enrollment of 36,155.
- With a win, A&M will be 6-0 for the first time since 1994, and will start conference play 3-0 for the first time since 2004 (Big 12).
- Christian Kirk needs 42 all-purpose yards to reach 1,000 for the season and needs 151 receiving yards to break Uzoma Nwachukwu's TRUE freshman school record of 670 receiving yards (2009).
- Drew Kaser leads the SEC with an average of 51.0 yards/punt and has the longest punt in the conference this season (68 yards).
- Taylor Bertolet is 20/20 in PATs this season and is tied for first in the conference with 2.5 FG/G.
- Paul "Bear" Bryant coached at Texas A&M from 1954 to 1957, where he compiled a 25-14-2 overall record and won a Southwest Conference championship. He then was head coach at Alabama from 1957-1983.
- Gene Stallings played for Bryant at A&M before serving as an assistant coach at Alabama from 1958-64 and returned to Tuscaloosa as head coach from 1990-96
- Jackie Sherrill played for Bryant at Alabama from 1963-65 and served as head coach at A&M from 1982-88.
- John David Crow was the 1957 Heisman Trophy winner at Texas A&M and an assistant coach at Alabama from 1969-71. He later served as Athletic Director at Texas A&M.
- Dennis Franchione was the head coach at both schools, coaching the Crimson Tide in 2001-02 before taking over as head coach at A&M from 2003-07.
Famous Alabama Students
- Bear Bryant
- Jackie Sherrill
- Robert Horry
- Joe Namath
- Bart Starr
- Rece Davis
- Winston Groom, author of "Forrest Gump"
- Game time: 2:30 pm CT
- Channel: CBS (national)
- Broadcast team: Verne Lundquist, Gary Danielson and Allie LaForce
- Texas A&M Sports Network (Full list HERE)
- Texas A&M Spanish Network (Radio stations in San Antonio, Houston, El Paso and McAllen, Texas)
- Predict the score and tell us what you're most looking forward to Saturday.
- Click on the GBH Facebook page and give us a thumbs up.
- Check out our friends at Roll 'Bama Roll, the Alabama SB Nation site
Post your thoughts and comments on the matchup below and check back tomorrow for the Good Bull Hunting TAILGATE.