What You Need to Know:
- Tickets for this game are still available through the 12th Man Foundation. Grab yours today.
- Rice is 0-1 on the year after a loss to Notre Dame 48-17 in week one.
- The Fightin' Texas Aggies defeated the Owls 52-31 last year in Aggieland. Relive those memories with our GBH 2013 Rice/Texas A&M Stream.
- Texas A&M leads the all-time series vs. Rice with a record of 51-27-3.
- The first matchup between A&M and Rice took place in Houston on November 9, 1914. The Ags were victorious 32-7.
Famous Rice Owls
- Lance Berkman - The Big Puma.
- Larry McMurtry - author of "Lonesome Dove."
- Brock Wagner and Kevin Bartol - founders of Saint Arnold Brewing Company. Wagner is now the sole owner.
- He was not a student, but John Heisman coached the Rice Owls football team from 1924-1927. He later became the namesake for the Heisman Trophy.
- David Beaty, Texas A&M Assistant Coach/Wide Receivers, has coached at Rice on two seperate occasions. From 2006-2007, he was the Passing Game Coordinator/Wide Receivers, and in 2010 was Offensive Coordinator for the Owls.
- Larry Edmondson, Quarterbacks/Co-Offensive Coordinator of the Owls, is a 1983 graduate of A&M. He was a tight end on the football team, and began his coaching career as a graduate assistant with the Aggies from 1984-1986.
- Chris Thurmond, Defensive Coordinator/Cornerbacks for Rice, was the cornerbacks coach at Texas A&M from 2003-2005.
Owls to Watch
- Bryce Callahan (CB / #29) - The RS Senior from Cypress, TX ranks third among active NCAA Division I FBS players with 11 career interceptions. Before the season started, Callahan was named to the 2014 Thorpe Award and CFPA watch lists.
- Christian Covington (DT / #1) - Covington, a RS Junior, was a First Team All C-USA player last season. He lead the Owls with 11.5 tackles for loss, and had four sacks. Covington was named to 2014 Outland Trophy, Rotary Lombardi Award, and Chuck Bednarik Award watch lists.
- Jordan Taylor (WR / #15) - Taylor led the Owls with seven catches for 68 yards and a touchdown vs. Texas A&M last season. A RS Senior this season, Taylor has 121 receptions, 13 touchdowns, and 1,743 receiving yards.
Game time: 8:00 pm CT
Mark Jones - play by play
Rod Gilmore - color commentary
Jessica Mendoza - sideline reporter
Texas A&M Sports Network
Texas A&M Spanish Network
- Give me your favorite A&M-Rice memory from last year.
- Have a good Rice story from back in the SWC days? Let's hear it.
- Predict the score.
Post your thoughts and comments on the matchup below and check back tomorrow for THE TAILGATE. It smells of roasted owl.