What You Need To Know
- Tickets for this game are still available through Ticketmaster.
- The Mustangs are 0-2 on the year after a 45-0 loss to Baylor in week 1 and a 43-6 loss to North Texas in week 2.
- SMU head coach June Jones announced his resignation (effective immediately) on September 8. Defensive Coordinator Tom Mason will serve as SMU's head coach the rest of the season.
- SMU lost starting quarterback Neal Burcham for the season due to an elbow injury during the North Texas game.
- SMU rushed for -24 yards against Baylor and 10 yards against North Texas.
- The Aggies defeated SMU 42-13 last season at Kyle Field.
Association of Former Students Events
- Midnight Yell Practice will take place in the parking lot of Four Corners Brewing Co. at Trinity Groves, a 15-acre restaurant, retail, artist and entertainment destination located at the base of the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge in West Dallas.
- Midnight Yell Address: Trinity Groves - Four Corners Brewing Co.; 423 Singleton Blvd, Dallas, TX.
- A FREE All-Aggie tailgate will be hosted hosted by The Association of Former Students, Dallas A&M Club and Aggieland Outfitters. That tailgate will kick off at 10:30 a.m. in SMU Lot Q. Some food and beer will be available on a first come, first serve basis (thank you to Slovacek's Sausage and Miller Coors brewing!), but please BYOB and some to share! Yell leaders will stop by for a yell practice around 12:30 p.m. For more details and a map to the tailgate, click HERE.
- Texas A&M leads the all time series with SMU 44-29-7.
- The first matchup between the Ags and Mustangs took place on October 23, 1916. The Aggies won 62-0.
- A&M and SMU were both members of the Southwest Conference. A&M's membership was from 1915 to 1996, and SMU was a member from 1918 until 1996.
Famous SMU Students
Laura Bush, William P. Clements, Kathy Bates, Jim Irsay, Doak Walker, Payne Stewart, Erik Dickerson, Don Meredith, and Jack Ingram
Bert Hill - SMU Assistant Coach/Defensive Line
Hill was the strength and conditioning coach at Texas A&M from 1983-87, 1989. While Hill was on the staff, the Aggies won three straight Southwest Conference titles (1985-87). His two Aggie stints were split by a one-year stop at Ohio State as their strength and conditioning coach.
Tam Hollingshead - SMU Director of High School Relations
Hollingshead was the tight ends/specialists coach at Texas A&M from 1994-2002, where he coached in six bowl games and helped the Aggies win the 1998 Big 12 championship.
- Game time: 2:30 pm CT
- Channel: ABC/ESPN2
- Texas A&M Sports Network
- Texas A&M Spanish Network
- Siruis/XM 192
- Give me your favorite A&M-SMU memory from last year.
- Have a good SMU story from back in the SWC days? Let's hear it.
- Predict the score.
Post your thoughts and comments on the matchup below and check back tomorrow for THE TAILGATE. For some reason it smells like glue in the Tailgate factory today.