Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to Matt Mauck...
- It’s been a long time since A&M entered the month of November with just about everything on the table. In 2012, we already had two conference losses. The win over Alabama was incredible, but for the team, a Cotton Bowl berth was about the best thing on the radar. That awesome November in 2010 with wins over ranked Nebraska and OU teams? A&M was 5-3 at the end of October that year. The 1998 season was really the last time A&M went into the last month of the season with the potential for a truly big finish. The Aggies were 8-1 and ranked #7 in the nation. Sounds familiar. These last four games are going to be insanely important, exciting, and fun. This is what we've wanted as A&M fans...to play games that matter in November. E.T.R.
- I really wish we could have a Wikileaks e-mail dump from all the SEC head coaches. It would be tremendous. Like BERT e-mailing a picture of his bare ass on the copier machine to the staff at Auburn. Or Les Miles forwarding those old Bill Gates-Microsoft spam e-mails to all of the other head coaches. Will Muschamp using ALL CAPS like a facebook commenter. All of the coaches asking each other who the hell Barry Odom is.
- One of the greatest things about entering November college football is the addition of #MACtion to our Tuesday and Wednesday nights. You can watch college football five straight days in a row, starting tomorrow night. It's your chance to see a really well coached Western Michigan team rowing the boat.. You also may be treated to a really bad Terry Bowden hair dye. The MAC is just the smaller wackier version of B1G Midwestern football. Which makes it perfect for midweek viewing and gambling! MACtion is Magic.
- This week in Crappy-MS-Paint:
- Just a reminder, Bob Stoops is in his 18th year at Oklahoma and he's still never won a national championship with his own players.
- There's just something too normal about Dan Mullen. Seems like a nice guy. Doesn't cause much of a stir. Which makes me think there's some sort of dark side or deep hidden secrets. Like maybe he's the majority owner of a merkin factory in Guatemala that uses child labor to produce exquisite merkins for European aristocrats. Or maybe its something truly sadistic like he owns the complete series DVD box set of "Everyone Loves Raymond".