Howdy. How about that 2-hour void right when we were all pumped up to start the game, eh? At least they kept us entertained by trolling all 100K+ of us with drastically incorrect scores from around the country since cell service made it nearly impossible to verify. But anyway, on to the game. There were lots of numbers of all kind on the scoreboard and otherwise. Let's see:
1. Firsts: first snap for Kyle Allen. First TD pass for Kyle Allen. First game in front of the biggest crowd to watch a football game in the State of Texas. First Corps March-In on grass. First time the cannon wasn't in the stadium. And the world didn't end; it only stopped for a couple of hours.
2. SPEEDY. How about 191 all-purpose yards, including 120 combined on one punt and one kickoff return? This is going to be a fun show.
3. Turnovers. This is the one main blemish on the night, and we can be sure that the coaches will be harping on this constantly after a 70-point victory to emphasize that we are still far from perfect.
4. Third down conversions by Lamar...on 19 attempts. Opposing offenses are averaging just above 20% now on third down tries.
5. Running backs on the roster with at least one carry of 15+ yards after the first two games.
6. Different players with a TD catch. Eleven different players caught passes Saturday. Sixteen have caught passes on the year.
7. Tackles by Daeshon Hall, including 2 for a loss and a sack. He also tacked on a QB hurry. Pretty nice little Saturday.
8-0. Rushing TD advantage for us on the year.
9. Third down conversions for the Ags, on 14 tries.
10/10. PATs. This is nice to see.
11. Totes for James White. The redshirt freshman looked good running the ball and catching it out of the backfield. I think we're in good hands once our trio of juniors is gone.
15. QB hurries on the year after two games. Last season we had 16 the entire season. NOT A TYPO. We are one QB hurry short of tying our 13-game 2013 total after only two games. A pass rush is a wonderful thing to have.
28. Players who recorded a tackle. Getting this kind of game experience is going to be vital down the road. I think there was one big game last year where we only had 13 different players record a tackle.
73. That's a lot of points. It's the most we've scored since a 73-10 hiding of Baylor in 2003. Did you know that was a Big 12 record at the time? /whistles innocently
243. Total yards allowed. Yes, yes, Lamar, etc. We're supposed to hold them to a pittance of yardage. Only this time, we did it.
630. Total yards gained. Yet somehow we can still envision Sumlin and Spavital sticking their head under the hood of the Ferrari trying to figure out how to get another 50 horsepower out of the engine. Go for it, guys.
Alright, let's pat ourselves on the back one more time and get ready to beat the hell outta the Owls.