Nick Saban announced his retirement on Wednesday, sending shock waves throughout college football. From the coaching carousel this will kick off to the blatant tampering with the Alabama roster that is assuredly already underway, we’ll continue to see the effects of his decision for weeks, months and years to come. He leaves a giant hole in the sport.
There will be plenty of glowing retrospectives about Saban recapping his career, but I thought at GBH we’d remember him the only way we know how: By remembering all the stupid articles we wrote about him.
- Paul Finebaum Twerking on Saban (GIF)
- The 2013 Tailgate in which we seemingly photoshopped Johnny Manziel as an angel and Saban as a demon
- We’d have rather lost to Saban at Alabama than recruited against him at Texas.
- Nick Saban to be A&M’s new DC (this is a joke, btw)
- You got Nickrolled (GIF)
- Who would play Saban in a movie?
- Covering the Saban cult of personality at 2014 SEC Media Days
- Things Nick Saban would do other than watch a solar eclipse
- Admitting that Saban is the GOAT
- Nick Saban/Sylvia Plath quote bingo card
- Saban accuses the sun of “buying” recent hot summer days