Name: Louisiana State University
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Year founded: 1860
Head Coach: Brian Kelly
What You Need to Know:
- Texas A&M is 7-4 (4-3) after a 38-10 win over Abilene Christian.
- The LSU Tigers are 8-3 (5-2) after a 56-14 win over Georgia State.
- LSU is simultaneously the worst Power 5 defense the Aggies have faced all year and also the best offense the Ags have faced. In fact they’re the No. 1 offense in the country.
- The Aggies opened as a 10.5-point underdog.
- The over/under is 66.
- LSU leads the all-time series over A&M 35-23 and is 8-3 against the Aggies since they joined the SEC.
- The Aggies have not won in Death Valley since joining the SEC.
- Famous LSU alumni include Shaq, O’Dell Beckham Jr., Astros 3B Alex Bregman, ESPN’s Booger McFarland, rock band Better Than Ezra and “Old School” star James Carville).
What To Watch For:
- Heisman hopeful? LSU may be out of the conference/national title race, but Jayden Daniels has sneakily worked his way into being the potential Heisman favorite. Lighting up the A&M defense could be a good way to solidify his case. Or getting shut down could potentially derail it.
- THE SUN!: This will literally be the sun’s first appearance at an A&M/LSU game in Death Valley this century. 2013 was an extremely overcast 2:30 kickoff, and every game since then has been a night game. While winning will still be a tall task, that crowd is not quite the same during daylight hours.
- E-Rob audition: It may be a longshot, but I think Elijah Robinson is still in the running to be the full time head coach of this team moving forward. Fair or not, that candidacy likely hinges on the Aggies pulling off the upset in Baton Rouge.
- Venue: Death Valley (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Kickoff: 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 25
- TV: ESPN
- Get your LSU coverage from their SB Nation team site, And The Valley Shook.
- Sunshine and clouds mixed. High near 65F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.