What You Need to Know:
- The Aggies are ranked #6 in the AP Poll, and Sam Houston is one of the top teams in FCS, winning a national championship in the Spring 2021 season.
- The offseason is mercilessly over. We’ve made it, football is here.
- N/A (as is often the case when playing FCS opponents)
- Texas A&M is 12-0 all time against Sam Houston and have never lost to an FCS opponent.
- Famous Sam Houston alum include news icon Dan Rather, former Texas A&M QB Dustin Long, and Norman automotive sales mogul Rhett Bomar.
- A bearkat is neither a bear nor a cat. Discuss.
What To Watch For:
- What is a QB? At long last, Jimbo Fisher named a starting quarterback in Haynes King. All eyes will be on how he perform and how much any of the other QBs play.
- Freshman phenoms. The pressure feels like it’s already on this 2022 recruiting class to prove it’s worth. It will be interesting to see which of them make an immediate impact.
- Aggie Park. The season’s debut is also the debut of a gentrified Aggie Park. The tailgating setup is different and requires a reservation, so be sure you’re on the ball if you plan to set up there.
- Venue: Kyle Field (College Station, TX)
- Kickoff: 11 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 3
- TV: SEC Network
- Scattered thunderstorms (30% chance of rain), with a high of 93. Very un-season-opener weather.