What You Need to Know:
- The Aggies are ranked #7 in the AP Poll after struggling to beat Colorado 10-7 last weekend.
- New Mexico knocked off in-state rival New Mexico State on Saturday to go to 2-0 on the season (they are unranked). The Lobos are led by second-year head coach and former player Danny Gonzalez. New Mexico started 0-5 in 2020, but are on a 4-0 winning streak after winning their final two games last year against a pair of pretty decent programs in Fresno State and Wyoming.
- Go check out Mountain West Connection for the latest on Lobo Football.
- Texas A&M is currently a 27.5-point favorite.
- These teams have played four times: 1926, 2008, 2009, and a 55-14 Aggie win in 2017. A&M leads the overall series 4-0.
- Famous New Mexico alum include Penny Marshall, Eddie Guerrero, and Gary Johnson. Leave others I missed in the comments.
- New Mexico does not have a live wolf mascot, although their anthropomorphic mascots are married.
What To Watch For:
- Runnin’ the Dang Bawl. The Ags couldn’t even break 100 yards rushing as a team in Denver. Something tells me we’ll see a more concerted effort to establish the run this week.
- Altitude. It will be interesting to see how New Mexico adjusts to the much lower altitude this week. Practicing at such high altitude could give them a built-in advantage...yeah let’s roll with that if we struggle early.
- RISE AND SHINE CAMPERS- It’s our first 11 a.m. kickoff on the SEC Network. Don’t forget to dress up like Finebaum to get on camera!
- Venue: Kyle Field
- Game Time: 11 a.m. Saturday
- Station: SEC Network
- High of 92, partly cloudy. Don’t forget the Gold Bond, gentlemen.