Athing Mu strikes again. The Aggie phenom started the week by winning a solo gold in the 800 meters, and wrapped it up today by anchoring the USA’s 4x400 meter team, and once again, taking home the gold!
SIMPLY DOMINANT. @TeamUSA wins the women's 4x400m relay. #TokyoOlympics pic.twitter.com/Si2bk4OaSL— #TokyoOlympics (@NBCOlympics) August 7, 2021
Congratulations Athing! She is one of 26 Aggies participating in the Tokyo games, and one of five Aggie athletes who have taken home a total of seven medals:
- Khris Middleton, USA: GOLD (men’s basketball)
- Athing Mu, USA: GOLD (women’s 800m), GOLD (women’s 4x400m)
- Fred Kerley, USA: SILVER (men’s 100m)
- Bryce Deadmon, USA: GOLD (men’s 4x400 relay), BRONZE (4x400m mixed relay)
- Sydney Pickrem, Canada: BRONZE (women’s 4x100 medley relay)