What You Need to Know:
- The Aggies are ranked #6 in the AP Poll.
- Kent State finished 2020 with a 3-1 record while scoring just under 50 points per game.
- A&M last faced a MAC opponent in 2015, when the Aggies defeated Ball State 56-23.
- Go check out Hustle Belt for the latest on MAC football and Kent State.
- Texas A&M opens as a 29.5 point home favorite.
- This is the first-ever matchup between the two schools. History in the making, friends!
- The history of Kent State’s Golden Flash mascot is long and varied, as these things go. This one up here at the top of this page is a golden eagle.
- Famous Kent State Golden Flashes include Michael Keaton, James Harrison, Tom Batiuk and some guy named Nick Saban. Leave others I missed in the comments.
What To Watch For:
- Patriotism. In remembrance of the 20th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks, Texas A&M will re-create the 2001 Red, White & Blue game, with lower level fans in blue, second level fans in white, and upper level fans in red. You can find out more here.
- Dustin Crum- QB. The Kent State signal-caller is also the MAC Preseason Offensive Player of the Year. He finished 2019 on fire and didn’t slouch during an extremely abbreviated 2020 season. This is a real MACtion offense that will have our defense rotating heavily.
- Fundamentals - Texas A&M will be breaking in four new offensive line starters. It will be interesting to see how early and often Haynes King may need to scramble.
- Venue: Kyle Field
- Game Time: 7 p.m. Saturday, September 4
- Station: ESPNU
- HOT. Mostly sunny, high of 96. Less than 10% chance of rain. Drink a lot of water, everybody.