The ranking may be a bit lower than Aggie fans were hoping for, considering there are ranked higher in the two other major polls (No. 13 in AP, No. 12 in Coaches Poll), but the good news, is that there is plenty of college football chaos still to come. For instance:
- No. 2 Alabama plays No. 13 Auburn
- No. 5 Ohio State plays No. 3 Michigan State and No. 7 Michigan
- No. 8 Oklahoma plays No. 11 Oklahoma State and No. 12 Baylor
- No. 9 Wake Forest plays No. 19 NC State
- No. 14 Texas A&M plays No. 13 Auburn and No. 16 Ole Miss
Add in the unexpected ranked vs. unranked upsets that have been a hallmark of the 2021 season, and A&M is still in a good spot with four games to play. If they can win out and finish 10-2, a second straight New Year’s Six Bowl is within their reach. With a little help (OK, a lot of help), Playoff contention isn’t impossible.