What You Need to Know:
- The Aggies are in a funk. I don’t wish to be overly pessimistic, but this week’s opponent might not be the best opportunity to work out our own kinks.
- Alabama shitcanned Ole Miss on Saturday, jumping out to a 28-0 halftime lead and holding the nation’s top offense to fewer than 300 total yards. Texas A&M has yet to surpass 300 yards of offense against a P5 team this year.
- Go check out Roll Bama Roll for the latest on Tide Football.
- Don’t look. Or do, it’s up to you.
- Bama holds the all-time edge in the series 11-2. The Ags haven’t won since you-know-when.
- Famous University of Alabama alum include Rece Davis and Timothy Leary. Give us some more!
- Alabama does not have a live Crimson Tide or even elephant. Just a giant cuddly plush one.
Alabama’s mascot really be trolling Lane Kiffin— Brothers Talking Sports (@PodThat) October 2, 2021
What To Watch For:
- The abandonment of expectation. Folks, it doesn’t seem that the SEC title is in the stars for us this year. Perhaps it’s time to gear our sights towards a somewhat more modest target, like completing open passes or covering receivers.
- PAIN. It’s been a while since we saw the Aggies get dominated on the field. The defense has been able to put up a good show for the most part and cover for the offense for extended periods of football games in 2021. Not sure if that will be enough on Saturday.
- It’s the little things- Take thorough delight in the simplest of things: a solid open-field tackle. A nifty seven-yard run. Pinning the other team inside the 15 with a 50+ yard punt. Channel your best 2003 or 2008 self and embrace the calamitous nature of football. Find the fun stuff, it’s still there.
- Venue: Kyle Field
- Game Time: 7:00 pm Saturday
- Station: CBS
- High of 92 in the afternoon, mostly sunny. 100% chance of Saban.