What You Need to Know:
- Lamar did not have a football program from 1990 until the start of the 2010 season due to lack of support and overwhelming deficits.
- Lamar is in the Southland Conference.
- Lamar is 2-0 on the season after surviving Mississippi Valley State University 23-20 in overtime. Lamar had to engineer a 75 yard drive with quarterback Jordan Hoy diving into the end zone to tie the game with 31 seconds remaining in the game to force overtime.
- Texas A&M fell to #16 in the AP Poll after falling to #1 Clemson on Saturday.
- Lines opened with A&M as a -43 point favorite.
- Texas A&M covered the spread last week to remain 2-0 ATS. I remain 2-0 trusting in the Ags to cover the spread.
- I will be taking A&M to cover the spread again.
- This will be the second time Texas A&M and Lamar have faced off. Texas A&M won the first matchup in 2014, 73-3 at Kyle Field.
- A&M starts the season off 1-1 for the third straight season.
- Lamar does not have a live cardinal for a mascot.
- Famous Alumni: Bum Phillips, Billy Tubbs, and Kevin Millar
What to Watch For:
- Inadvertent whistles. Can you count? If not, count on another inadvertent whistle.
- Injuries. The Texas A&M defense suffered several bumps and bruises last weekend, watch for a lot of guys getting healthy this week.
- Jordan Hoy, QB - Hoy is the leading rusher for Lamar and has a 61% completion percentage with 459 yards and 3 touchdowns on the season.
- Venue: Kyle Field, College Station, Texas
- Channel: ESPNU
- Game Time: 6:00 PM CT Saturday, September 14
- Senior Roney Elam, DB, made it back-to-back games with an interception after picking off a pass in the fourth quarter. He had never intercepted a pass prior to his final season.
- Senior Braden Mann, P, who set the record for 60-plus yard punts in a season in 2018, punted the ball 60 yards in the second quarter, marking the 15th time in his career he has boomed a 60-yarder.
- Expect a hot one as the forecast calls for Mostly sunny skies, with a high near 97 degrees.