What You Need to Know:
- Arkansas is 2-2 on the season and 0-1 in SEC play. Arkansas lost to San Jose State 31-24 last weekend where QB Nick Starkel threw five interceptions and the defense gave up 503 total yards. It can always be worse.
- Texas A&M fell to #23 in the AP Poll.
- The winner of this game gets to climb out of the SEC West cellar as the other SEC West schools all are 1-0 in SEC play.
- Midnight Yell will be held at the East Exchange Steps in the Fort Worth Stockyards.
- Go check out Arkansas Fight, the Razorbacks’ SBNation site.
- Texas A&M is currently a -21.5 point favorite.
- Texas A&M is now 3-1 at covering the spread after losing as a home favorite. Arkansas is 1-3 against the Spread.
- A&M should cover; however, I will take Arkansas to cover as this game can be sneaky close if the favorite does not come in ready to play at 11:00 am.
- Arkansas leads the all-time series 41-31-3; although, Texas A&M on a 7 game winning streak. Jimbo Fisher is 1-0 against Chad Morris as a head coach after last year’s 24-17 win.
- Arkansas employs a former A&M Defensive Coordinator (John Chavis) and starts a former A&M Quarterback (Nick Starkel).
- Famous Arkansas Alumni include John Daly, Jerry Jones, Barry Switzer, Jimmy Johnson, Houston Nutt, and Ellen Gilchrist. Please leave other famous alumni in the comments.
- Arkansas has a live animal mascot named Tusk IV. Tusk is a razorback.
What to Watch For:
- Kamren Curl - JR DB - Curl has two interceptions and a forced fumble this season. He has also added two sacks to the stat sheet. Curl is a hard hitting safety who has 20 solo tackles this season.
- QB Reunion - Nick Starkel transferred to Arkansas from Texas A&M as Kellen Mond locked up the starting position. Both Qbs have thrown 7 touchdowns, but Mond has thrown 5 fewer interceptions.
- Run Game - A&M rushed for only 56 yards against Auburn. Expect Coach Fisher to focus on establishing the run game early.
- Venue: AT&T Stadium AKA JerryWorld, Arlington, Texas
- Game Time: 11:00 am Saturday, September 28
- Coverage: ESPN
- Braden Mann had five punts of 50 yards or more, including two for 60+ yards. Mann averaged 56 yards a punt on Saturday. That’s his his eighth career game averaging above 50 yards.
- The game will be played in a a NFL stadium with a stale atmosphere. The weather for the Metroplex appears to be partly cloudy with highs in the low 90s.