What you Need to Know:
- Clemson is currently ranked number 1 and do not expect any change when the next poll comes out. A&M is ranked number 12 and could move up a spot with Oregon losing to Auburn.
- Last week, Clemson cruised to a 1-0 start after beating Georgia Tech 52-14. Heisman favorite Trevor Lawrence did not have a spectacular game with 2 interceptions; however, Travis Etienne rushed for 205 yards and 3 touchdowns. Clemson rushed for 411 yards as a team.
- Clemson Univeristy was founded in 1889 as a land-grant university located in Clemson, South Carolina.
- Midnight Yell will be held at Hillcrest High School Football Stadium, located at 3665 S Industrial, Simpsonville, SC.
- The All-Aggie Tailgate will be Saturday morning at the lawn and patio area at Hendrix Student Union
- The SBNation site for Clemson is Shakin the Southland
- The lines have opened as high asClemson being a -19 point favorite. The lines appears to be trending down and is anywhere from -18.5 to -16.5 depending on the book.
- Texas A&M is 1-0 against the spread.
- Last week’s pick to bet the Aggies paid off. I am 1-0. This week, I will ride the Aggies again ATS. For the pick, I’ll settle with the Clemson at -16.5 favorite as reported here. Riding the Ags again to cover.
- Texas A&M leads the all-time series with Clemson 3-2. Jimbo Fisher and Dabo Swinney have faced off 9 times with Dabo holding the 1 game edge over Jimbo. Both Coaches have iconic first names.
- Last year, these two teams went down to the wire with Clemson coming out on top 28-26 in College Station.
- Clemson does not have a live tiger mascot, but does have The Tiger roaming the sidelines, which is equally as terrifying.
- Although Clemson loses points for not having a live animal, it gains some back as Clemson’s campus houses South Carolina’s largest bur oak tree, the Clemson Centennial Oak. It’s more than 100 years old.
- Famous alumni include Nikki Haley, fellow Houston Texans Deshaun Watson and DeAndre Hopkins, Horace Grant, Brian Dawkins, and William “The Refrigerator” Perry. Leave more in the comments
Tigers to Watch:
Travis Etienne - RB Junior
Etienne is a big time running back who can take over a game if teams focus too much attention on slowing down Treveor Lawrence. Against Georgia Tech, Etienne had touch down runs of 14, 48, and 90 yards. Etienne will prove to be a big test for this A&M run defense.
Isaiah Simmons -SAM LB Senior
Simmons led Clemson with 10 tackles against Georgia Tech. Simmons is a do it all type linebacker that can cover as well as provide run support. Clemson is replacing their entire stellar defensive line from last season, and Simmons play and leadership is key for this defense.
- Venue: Memorial Stadium AKA Death Valley, Clemson, South Carolina
- Game Time: 2:30 CT, Saturday, September 7, 2019
- Coverage: ABC
- Myles Jones, DB, currently is tied for 1st in the nation for interceptions at 2.
- Current students at Texas A&M set a Kyle Field record Thursday night with 36,567 in attendance for the season opener against Texas State.
- The forecast for Clemson, SC calls for Sunny skies with a high of 89 degrees.
- Hurricane Dorian is projected to have moved out in into the Atlantic by game time. Projections can change, so keep an eye on this one.