What You Need to Know:
- Auburn is ranked #8 in the AP Poll with an impressive comeback win over Oregon in the first week of the season. Auburn then took care of Tulane and Kent State over the previous two weeks.
- Auburn rolled up 467 yards on the ground against Kent State and had 3 rushers break the 100 yard mark with JaTarvious Whitlow leading the way with 135 yards and two rushing touchdowns.
- This is the only the second matchup of top 25 teams at Kyle Field in the Jimbo Fisher era. The first was #7 LSU vs #22 Texas A&M (A&M was not ranked for the Clemson and Kentucky games).
- Go check out College and Magnolia for the latest on Auburn.
- Texas A&M opens as a -3 point home favorite.
- Both Auburn and A&M are perfect against the spread this season.
- I’ll be taking A&M to cover again. This will be another true test for our run defense.
- Texas A&M leads the all-time record vs Auburn 5-4; though Auburn is on a two game winning streak against A&M.
- Auburn is known as the Tigers, but does not have a live tiger. It does use a live eagle in pre-game pageantry to fly across the stadium to the War Eagle yell. This is the first matchup with a team that uses a live animal.
- Famous Auburn Tigers Alumni include Charles Barkley, Bo Jackson, Frank Thomas, Cam Newton, Octavia Spencer, and Lionel Richie. Leave others I missed in the comments.
What To Watch For:
- Bo Nix - QB FR - Bo Nix shot into the limelight after a late comeback victory over Oregon in week 1. Last week, it appears that Auburn focused on establishing the run and only allowed Nix to throw the ball 16 times. If A&M can stop or slow another stout rushing attack, it will fall on Nix to carry the load offensively for Auburn.
- Fundamentals - Texas A&M will need to clean up some of the sloppy play from last week. A&M had 7 penalties, 1 lost fumble, and an interception.
- Venue: Kyle Field
- Game Time: 2:30 CT Saturday, September 21
- Station: CBS
- The Aggies had seven different players score a touchdown on Saturday night.
- Texas A&M’s Roney Elam and Myles Jones are tied 8th nationally with 2 interceptions a piece. (There are 7 leaders at 3 total interceptions)
- There is a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 93