It took us five years, but Texas A&M Basketball finally grabbed a Big XII South opponent in this sucker.
After bending over backwards to grant us Big XII opponents away from the ol’ division/stomping grounds (Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, and West Virginia), the powers-that-be finally gave us someone a liiiiiitle closer to home.
Sources: Matchups for next season's SEC/Big 12 Challenge are set.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) July 23, 2019
Kentucky at Texas Tech
Tennessee at Kansas
Baylor at Florida
Mississippi St at Oklahoma
Missouri at West Virginia
Oklahoma St at Texas A&M
LSU at Texas
Iowa St at Auburn
Kansas St at Alabama
TCU at Arkansas
Could you argue that the Big XII South and TCU were the only choices remaining? Yes. Yes you could. But anytime the Big XII is involved, I never like to count on logic... so I’ll take this as a win when a nonsensical rematch was in play.
To be honest, there aren’t a ton of details yet. We know the game is at Reed Arena on January 26th, and we know it’s somewhere on the ESPN family of networks. Tip time and TV details will be revealed at a later date.
How many non-conference opponents do we have, now?
Honestly, it’s starting to fill in a little bit. And the games that have landed are pretty significant, so I’d imagine the rest would be filled by cannon fodder and the occasional one-bid NCAA hopeful.
- Monday, November 11th: ULL (Reed Arena - unconfirmed)
- Thursday, November 28th: Harvard (Orlando Invitational)
- Friday, November 29th: Maryland/Temple (Orlando Invitational)
- Sunday, December 1st: USC/Fairfield/Marquette/Davidson (Orlando Invitational)
- Sunday, December 8th: Texas (Fort Worth)
- Saturday, December 21st: Oregon State (Reed Arena)
- Saturday, January 26th: Oklahoma State (Reed Arena)
- Date TBD: Gonzaga (Reed Arena)
Stay tuned for coverage of the team’s upcoming preseason action in Costa Rica, along with any scheduling and/or roster news as it develops.