On the final weekend of the regular season, the Aggies have a huge opportunity to give their regional hosting resume a boost, as they welcome SEC West-leading Arkansas. The Hogs come to Aggieland a consensus top five team, with an explosive offense and a solid pitching staff. A series victory here would do wonders for A&M’s hosting hopes.
The Ags’ RPI currently sits at 13, which puts them squarely in the hosting conversation. As the fellas over at D1Baseball put it in their weekly NCAA projection, “a series win over the Razorbacks would put the Aggies in strong shape to host a regional. Even a series loss to the Hogs is not crippling, as the Aggies could go on a run in Hoover similar to last season. In the event that happens, they’d likely host.” Very encouraging to say the least. With Asa Lacy serving a four-game suspension following his ejection last weekend, however, the Ags have a tough task ahead of them.
- Thursday: Chris Weber (4-0, 2.79 ERA) vs. Isaiah Campbell (9-1, 2.57 ERA)
- Friday: John Doxakis (6-3, 1.93 ERA) vs. Patrick Wicklander (5-1, 4.17 ERA)
- Saturday: Christian Roa (2-2, 3.49 ERA) vs. TBA
How to Watch
- Times: Thursday, 6:02 pm | Friday, 6:32 pm | Saturday, 2:02 pm
- TV: Thursday’s game will air on ESPNU; Sunday’s game will air on the SEC Network
- Live Video: All three games can be streamed on SEC Network +
- Radio: SportsRadio 1150 AM/The Zone 93.7 FM
- Live Stats: tamu.statbroadcast.com (desktop); tamustats.com (mobile)