It’s pretty safe to say that the Aggie Baseballers have had a rough go of it since their series win in South Carolina on Easter weekend. Two consecutive series losses at the hands of the Mississippi schools, including being swept in Oxford, has effectively removed the Aggies from SEC title contention. That’s also likely cost A&M a shot at a hosting bid, though that door hasn’t completely closed.
Currently, D1Baseball has A&M projected as a two-seed in a regional hosted by Stanford. With an official RPI of 17 as of yesterday, the Ags are certainly within striking distance of hosting position. It would absolutely take a lot of work, but it’s worth noting that if A&M were to find a way to win out, that would give them 18 conference wins in the top RPI conference, according to Warren Nolan. That’s a huge “if”, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility.
- Friday: John Doxakis (5-3, 1.99 ERA) vs. Will Freeman (2-2, 4.94 ERA)
- Saturday: Asa Lacy (7-3, 2.01 ERA) vs. Brock Love (4-4, 4.74 ERA)
- Sunday: TBA vs. TBA
How to Watch
- Times: Friday, 6:02 pm | Saturday, 2:02 pm | Sunday, 2:02 pm
- TV: Sunday’s game will air on the SEC Network
- Live Video: All three games can be streamed on SEC Network +
- Radio: SportsRadio 1150 AM/The Zone 93.7 FM
- Live Stats: RollTide.com