After making a huge splash with the December 2017 hiring of Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M Athletic Director Scott Woodward once again wowed the Aggie faithful with a huge-name basketball hire this week in Buzz Williams.
As such, his goal of stocking the Big Three coaching positions with guys who have the jock-iest, good ole boy nicknames is now 67% complete.
Next up? BASEBALL. Sure, we’re currently ranked in the top ten. So were football and basketball within the past few years, and that didn’t stop us from wiping the slate. Hell knows no fury like the Internet during a late-season Aggie collapse. Buckle up.
Scott Woodward’s Baseball Coach Short List
Coach Elvis Dominguez (Bradley)
- PROS: is named Elvis
- CONS: none; is named Elvis
Coach Kermit Smith (Appalachian State)
- PROS: KERMIT
- CONS: 37-72 Sun Belt record, but again, is named Kermit
Coach Skip Johnson (Oklahoma)
- PROS: “Skip”
- CONS: coached Kyler Murray without causing him to transfer
Coach Link Jarrett (UNC-Greensboro)
- PROS: Legendary Zelda enthusiast
- CONS: who knows?
Coach Rusty Filter (Santa Clara)
- PROS: RUSTY FILTER. RUSTY. FILTER. RUSTYFILTER. I DARE YOU TO STOP SAYING RUSTY FILTER.
- CONS: NONE; THIS IS THE IDEAL COACHING NAME