What You Need to Know:
- Oklahoma State ended the season ranked #25 in the Playoff Committee’s rankings after going 8-4 on the season. The Cowboys were able to upset a ranked at the time Kansas State and Iowa State. Their worst loss came against Texas Tech in Lubbock. Their three other losses were against OU, Baylor, and Texas.
- Oklahoma State averaged the 16th best rushing yards per game with 236 rushing yards per game. The Cowboys are led by the NCAA rushing yard leader Chuba Hubbard, who is playing in the bowl game.
- Notable players sitting out for the bowl game include Texas A&M’s DT Justin Madubuike. Oklahoma State does not have any players sitting out the bowl game, but did lose starting QB Spencer Sanders (thumb) and team leader WR Tylan Wallace (ACL), both in November. Senior Dru Brown will be the starting QB.
- Midnight Yell will be at White Oak Music Hall
- Texas A&M is currently a -7 point favorite.
- Oklahoma State is 9-3 against the spread while Texas A&M is 7-5 ATS this season.
- Texas A&M leads the all-time series 17-10; however, Oklahoma State is on a 4 game winning streak against the Aggies.
- This is Texas A&M’s third appearance in the Texas Bowl (2011 it was the Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas) and is 1-1 currently. In 2011, A&M beat Northwestern 33-22 and lost to Kansas State 33-28 in 2016. This is Oklahoma State’s first appearance in the Texas Bowl.
- Since joining the SEC, Texas A&M has either faced an ACC (4) or Big XII (4) opponent in its bowl games. The Aggies have gone 2-1 against Big XII foes.
- In A&M’s previous two bowl games, the Aggies have scored exactly 52 points.
- Famous Oklahoma State Cowboys are the late T.Boone Pickens, Barry Sanders, Garth Brooks, Rickie Fowler, Houston Nutt, Thurman Thomas, Mike Gundy, and Dez Bryant.
What To Watch For:
- With DT Justin Madubuike sitting out, will Texas A&M be able to slow down Chuba Hubbard? This will be a good opportunity for some young guys to get some experience against one of the best running backs in the nation.
- NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas
- 5:45 CT December 27, 2019
- Texas A&M’s allotment for the Texas Bowl sold out. Being in Houston has its advantages.
- The game will be played in a dome. Expect Balmy NFL atmosphere. For Houston in general, expect some showers with temperatures in the low 70s.