What You Need To Know:
- UTSA is 3-4 (2-2 CUSA) on the season with wins over Incarnate Word, UTEP, and Rice. UTSA was on a BYE last weekend. UTSA beat Rice the last time it played 31-27. UTSA is 0-1 against Power 5 teams this season with a 63-14 loss against Baylor in week 2.
- UTSA is struggling to produce offense averaging 19.4 points a game and gaining 142 passing yards per game (ranked 122nd) and 180 rushing yards a game (ranked 50th).
- Texas A&M is looking to be bowl eligible for the eleventh straight year with a win this weekend.
- UTSA is in the Western Division of Conference USA.
- The lines opened with A&M a -36.5 point favorite and is currently sitting at -38.
- Texas A&M is now 5-3 against the spread after covering the -9 point spread against Mississippi State.
- UTSA is 3-4 against the spread
- I will be taking A&M to cover the -38 points since UTSA is struggling offensively. I am now 5-3 picking A&M spreads this season as well.
- UTSA Football, a tradition since 2011. UTSA established the football team in 2011 for the first time in School history. UTSA started off as an FCS Independent before joining the WAC in 2012. In 2013, UTSA became a full member of Conference USA.
- Texas A&M is 1-0 all-time against UTSA with a 23-10 win at Kyle Field in 2016. A&M started Jake Hubenak, who threw for 228 yards and Myles Garrett had 4 1⁄2 sacks.
- Texas A&M has not lost to a Group of 5 school since 2008.
- Famous UTSA Alumni include Marcus Davenport, Travis Scott (didn’t graduate), Michelle Beadle, AJ Castillo, Deanna Raybourn, and Johan Edfors
- UTSA does not have a live bird mascot, but does employ Rowdy the Roadrunner to roam the sidelines. Roadrunners are a great mascot as it is regionally accurate animal and are pretty amazing birds
What to Watch For:
- DeQuarius Henry, DE - Henry has 3.5 sacks and 1 forced fumble this season. Need to keep him accounted for to avoid any havoc from Henry.
- Could Reveille have better luck catching Roadrunner than Wile E. Coyote? Hopefully, Aggie engineering is better than ACME.
- Kyle Field, College Station, Texas
- 11:00 am CT Saturday, November 2, 2019
- SEC Network
- The Aggies have recorded an interception in four straight games, six games overall this season. Last year, A&M only recorded an interception in five total games.
- The forecast is calling for a beautiful fall day with partly cloudy skies, and a high near 63.