What You Need to Know
- Mississippi State fell to 3-4 (1-3 SEC)on the season after losing to LSU 36-13 on Saturday. The Bulldogs are on three game losing streak and has one SEC win over Kentucky.
- Mississippi State is averaging 24.9 points a game while giving up an average of 28.4 points a game.
- Mississippi State is struggling to pass the ball this season, only averaging 191.9 yards per game (106th in the nation). Freshman QB Garrett Shrader will be starting his third college game against the Aggies after throwing for a career high 238 yards against LSU.
- Go check out For Whom the Cowbells Toll for the latest on Mississippi State.
- The Aggies opened as a -9 point favorite.
- A&M covered the spread against Ole Miss and is now 4-3 against the spread. Mississippi State is 2-7 against the spread.
- I am 4-3 picking the A&M spread this season. I will be taking the Aggies to cover this weekend
- Mississippi State holds the series advantage 7-5 over A&M and is on a three game winning streak against A&M.
- Texas A&M has not beaten both SEC Mississippi schools in the same season since 2013.
- Mississippi State was originally known as Mississippi A&M, and Mississippi State students were originally called Aggies, then Maroons, and officially became the Bulldogs in 1961
- Mississippi State uses a live English Bulldog, named Bully, as a mascot. The first Bully joined the team in 1935. The current Bully is Bully XXI.
What to Watch For
- Reveille and Bully meeting again as wonderful representatives for their schools.
- Kylin Hill - RB - Kylin Hill was held to 34 rushing yards by LSU, but is still 4th in rushing in the SEC with 643 yards and 5 rushing touchdowns. If A&M cannot slow Hill down, it will allow Mississippi State to stay in the ball game.
- Kyle Field, College Station, Texas
- 11:00 am CT
- SEC Network
- For the first time this season, the Aggie defense forced a three-and-out on the opening drive.
- Looks like it should be a nice Saturday for football as the forecast calls for a Sunny day, with a high near 69.