What You Need To Know:
- Alabama opened their SEC slate with a 62-7 victory over Ole Miss.
- The Crimson Tide gave up a 75 yard touchdown on the first play from scrimmage, and held the Rebels to zero points and less than 200 yards for the remainder of the contest.
- With the win, Alabama became the first team in SEC history to open the season with three straight 50+ point games.
- Alabama is 34-3 in their last 37 conference games
- Alabama’s SBNation site is Roll Bama Roll, if you’d like additional information on the Crimson Tide.
- Alabama opened as 27-point favorites against the Aggies.
- Texas A&M trails the all-time series with Alabama 8-2.
- The Crimson Tide have won the last five games, with the Aggies last win coming in 2012 via a 29-24 upset in Tuscaloosa.
- In Texas A&M’s last game at Alabama, the Aggies held a 14-13 second half lead before succumbing late and dropping the contest 33-14.
- Famous Alumni include Jackie Sherrill, Harper Lee, Joe Namath, Bart Starr, Rece Davis, and the crushing weight of college football inevitability.
Alabama Players to Watch:
The one college coach who didn’t need a quarterback had a dual-threat wunderkind dropped into his lap. Tua has lit up the scoreboard in his three games at the helm for the Crimson Tide, and his playmaking ability combined with the Tide’s dominant defense has some members of the national media calling for a formal presentation of the national title. Nick Saban has a quarterback, folks.
That’s the rub this week, gents. We’re looking at a team without a weakness. The front seven is loaded, and the back end has NFL talent for days. The Tide won their first three games 51-14, 57-7, and 62-7... and there are two power five teams included in that carnage. We’ve got our hands full.
Venue: Bryant–Denny Stadium; Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Game Time: 2:30 pm CT
SEC Nation will set up shop in Tuscaloosa
The forecast is currently calling for partly cloudy skies, with a high of 91 and a low of 72
There is currently a 20% chance of rain