The Aggies and Sun Devils last met at NRG Stadium in Houston to kick off the 2015 season, a game that A&M won 38-17 behind a monster game from freshman Christian Kirk. Oh, does it make you feel a bit old that this game, which seemingly just happened, was three years ago, and that promising freshman receiver has already moved on to the NFL? Well just take a moment to think about how much will have happened before the first game of this series is played at Kyle Field eight years from now.
By the time Texas A&M plays Arizona State...
- America will have celebrated its 250th birthday.
- There is a zero percent chance Donald Trump is still president.
- The U.S. will have hosted the 2026 World Cup.
- Twitter will have celebrated the 20th anniversary of its launch date.
Jimbo Fisher will have only two years and $15 million left on his contract.Just kidding, we all know he’ll get a five-year extension the first time he beats LSU.
- Children who were not alive the last time Texas and Texas A&M played each other in football will have their learner’s permit.
- That mattress you just bought will be in need of replacement.
- Brandon Wainerdi will be anxiously awaiting the release of Star Wars Episode XIII: The Moneygrab Continues.
- Texas A&M will be accepting applications for the Fightin’ Texas Aggie Class of 2031.
- Your self-driving car will realize it has it’s own lane when turning right from eastbound University Drive to southbound Texas Avenue.
For a list of upcoming A&M non-conference opponents that doesn’t make you so acutely aware of your own mortality, you can view the future schedules here.