It’s officially official, Braden Mann is the best punter in college football. To the surprise of nobody, the Texas A&M Aggies punter was the recipient of the Ray Guy Award on Thursday night.
We’ve outlined his staggering numbers several times over the past week as accolades have rolled in, but let’s review them one more time.
- With an average of 51.1 yards per punt, Mann leads the nation in punting average by almost three yards over his closest competitor.
- If he finishes the season with more than 50.8 yards per punt, he will set a new NCAA record.
- He set the NCAA record for most 60+ yard punts in a single season
- He set the record for punting average in a game when he averaged 60.8 yards per kick on his five punts against Alabama.
- In addition, Mann had four solo tackles and one forced fumble for the season.