It’s officially official, Braden Mann is the best punter in college football. To the surprise of nobody, the Texas A&M Aggies punter was the recipient of the Ray Guy Award on Thursday night.
!#ForTheBrand #GigEm pic.twitter.com/IlK3YGpjOl— Texas A&M Football (@AggieFootball) December 7, 2018
We’ve outlined his staggering numbers several times over the past week as accolades have rolled in, but let’s review them one more time.
- With an average of 51.1 yards per punt, Mann leads the nation in punting average by almost three yards over his closest competitor.
- If he finishes the season with more than 50.8 yards per punt, he will set a new NCAA record.
- He set the NCAA record for most 60+ yard punts in a single season
- He set the record for punting average in a game when he averaged 60.8 yards per kick on his five punts against Alabama.
- In addition, Mann had four solo tackles and one forced fumble for the season.