What You Need to Know:
- LSU is 9-2 on the season and 5-2 in SEC play. LSU has wins over Georgia, Mississippi State, Auburn, and Miami. Their losses are against Florida and Alabama.
- LSU is currently 10th in the SEC for total points scored, but is only giving up 16 points per game to opposing offenses.
- The winner of this matchup will be 2nd in the SEC West, behind Alabama of course.
- LSU is currently 16th in the S&P. With an offense that is 72nd and a defense that is 11th.
- A&M is currently 21st in the S&P, sitting at 22nd offensively, and 33rd defensively.
- A&M is currently 0-2 against teams with a Tiger as a nickname.
- Texas A&M opened as a -2 point home favorite. The line is now hovering around a pick-em or -1 for A&M.
- A&M is 8-3 against the spread and 6-1 ATS at home. LSU is 5-6 ATS and 1-2 ATS on the road.
- LSU leads the all-time series 33-20-3. LSU is on a 7 game winning streak against A&M. A&M has not beaten LSU since joining the SEC.
- LSU was still offsides in 2014.
- Famous LSU alumni include Shaquille O’Neal, Hubert Humphrey, James Carville, Pete Maravich, Mose Allison, and Odell Beckham Jr.
- LSU has a live mascot who lives on campus named Mike the Tiger. Mike VII is the current mascot. Live mascots make college football fun, and Mike is one of the best. A&M is currently 2-2 against teams with live mascots (counting Auburn’s WarEagle).
Tigers to Watch:
Grant Delpit - S
Grant is a sophomore out of Houston, TX who played high school at Lamar. He leads the SEC in interceptions with 5. He also has 5 sacks this season and a forced fumble. He is active in the secondary and a solid tackler. LSU has a solid secondary.
Nick Brossette - RB
Nick is a senior out of Baton Rouge, LA. He currently has the 7th most rushing yards in the SEC with 861, but is tied for 1st with Trayveon Williams in rushing Touchdowns at 13 this season. LSU will want to establish the running game with Brossette to open up the passing game.
- Venue: Kyle Field, College Station, Texas
- Channel: SEC Network
- Game Time: 6:30 PM CT
- Trayveon Williams is currently 4th in the NCAA with 1326 rushing yards.
- A&M has reached at least 7 wins for 9 straight seasons
- A&M had its first fumble recovery for a touchdown since 2013 against SMU.
- Jace Sternberger is now the A&M leader in receiving yards by a tight end in a single season with 729 yards.
- The forecast is calling for another beautiful day of tailgating with highs reaching 71 during the day. Expect the temperature to dip into the low 50s after kickoff. No rain in sight.