What You Need to Know:
- UAB is currently 9-1 overall and 7-0 in Conference USA play. UAB currently leads the West Division of CUSA.
- UAB is in year two of playing football after the program was shut down for two years by the administration.
- UAB’s remaining schedule is with the East Division leader Middle Tennessee State. These two will most likely meet up again in the CUSA Championship Game.
- UAB sits at 31st in overall S&P rankings. Offensively the Blazers are sitting 81st in the S&P; while 18th defensively in the S&P.
- Texas A&M still sits at 21st overall; while the Offense is 30th, while the Defense sits at 35th.
- Head on over to Underdog Dynasty to catch up on UAB and other Group of 5 teams
- The lines opened at A&M -15. Currently, the line is hovering around A&M -14.5.
- UAB is 8-2 ATS this season while A&M is 7-3 ATS.
- Texas A&M leads the all-time series at 1-0. The Aggies won 56-19 in College Station in 2009 under Mike Sherman.
- UAB started playing football in 1991 and is currently having its best season in its history.
- UAB does not have a live mascot as a Blazer is a dragon. Currently, Texas A&M is 1-0 against Mythical creatures (Landsharks).
- Famous Alumni include Roddy White, Sam Hunt, Oliver Robinson, Lawrence J. DeLucas, and Vonetta Flowers. Please leave any others in the comments section.
Blazers to Watch:
Spencer Brown RB
Brown is Blazer’s leading rusher and his 913 rushing yards is second in CUSA. Brown is averaging 4.6 yards per carry so far this season. Brown has also rushed for 14 touchdowns on the season and is the teams leading scorer.
AJ Erdely QB
Erdely is a dual threat qb that is a good compliment to Brown’s rushing attack. Erdely is the teams second leading rusher with 305 yards and 5 rushing touchdowns. Erdely has thrown for 1449 yards with 7 touchdowns and 6 interceptions.
Jamell Garcia-Williams DE
The Blazers defense is only allowing 12.5 points per game. The defense has been a large reason the Blazers are having their best season ever. A large part of that is the 7.5 sacks generated by Jamell. The OLine will need to account for Jamell on Saturday.
- Venue: Kyle Field, College Station, TX
- Time: 6:00 PM CT
- Channel: ESPN2
- Texas A&M won consecutive SEC home games for the first time since 2013 (Vanderbilt & Mississippi State).
- Trayveon Williams currently has 1,159 rushing yards. Williams is currently 8th all-time in A&M’s single season rushing records. Williams is right behind Tra Carson (1,165; 2015). Williams is 533 yards behind the greatest rushing season in A&M history by Darren Lewis in 1988.
- Jace Sternberger currently has 644 recieving yards, which is third all-time in A&M’s single season receiving yards by a tight end. He is right behind Greg Porter (669) and Rod Bernstine (710).
- Saturday is looking to be a beautiful day for tailgating with clear skies and highs reaching into the 60s. After kickoff, expect temperatures to drop into the 40s.