What You Need to Know:
- The #13 Kentucky Wildcats are 5-0 on the season, and are 3-0 in SEC play. In Week 2, Kentucky beat Florida to snap a 31 game losing streak to the Gators; dismantled Mississippi State in Week 4, and is fresh off a 21 point second quarter to get the win against our hated rival, South Carolina. Forcing 4 turnovers also helped beat the Gamecocks.
- This is the first 5-0 start for the Wildcats since 2007 and Kentucky is 3-0 in SEC play for the first time since 1977.
- Kentucky’s remaining schedule includes Vanderbilt, @Missouri, Georgia, @Tennessee, MTSU, and @Louisville.
- Kentucky is ranked 15th in over-all S&P rankings. Offensively the Wildcats are ranked 69th in the S&P; while ranked 3rd defensively.
- Texas A&M moved up three spots and is now ranked 22nd in the S&P. Offensively the Aggies dropped and are now ranked 22nd; while moving up in defensive rankings at 43rd.
- Go check out the Kentucky SBNation site, A Sea of Blue, to learn more about the Wildcats season.
- Texas A&M opens as a -6.5 point favorite
- Texas A&M is no longer perfect against the spread after failing to cover against Arkansas and is now 4-1 ATS. Remains 3-0 ATS at home.
- Kentucky is 3-2 ATS; however, the Wildcats are 1-0 ATS on the road.
- Texas A&M is 1-1 all-time against Kentucky with the last meeting in 1953. Texas A&M won 7-6, beating a Bear Bryant coached Wildcat team in Lexington.
- Legendary Coach Bear Bryant coached the Wildcats from 1946 to 1953 before heading to Aggieland from 1954 to 1957.
- Famous Wildcat alumni include Ashley Judd, Pat Riley, Anthony Davis, John Wall, and Wendell Berry. There are a myriad of other Basketball players. Leave more in the comments.
Wildcats to Watch:
Josh Allen, SR LB
Against the Gamecocks, Allen had eight tackles, four tackles for loss, three quarterback sacks, one QB hurry and a forced fumble. He has had similar stats in every SEC game this season. Allen is one of many great players on this solid Wildcat defense. Coach Mark Stoops calls him “unblockable.”
Benny Snell Jr., JR RB
Benny Snell is the force behind the run-first Kentucky offense. He has 639 rushing yards and 8 touchdowns. He rushed for 175 yards in the win against Florida and for 165 aginst Mississippi State’s vaunted DLine. He failed to reach the century mark against the Gamecocks with 99 yards. Snell also has one passing TD on the season.
- Venue: Kyle Field, College Station, Texas
- When: Saturday, October 6th at 6:00 pm CT
- Channel: ESPN
- JaShaun Corbin’s 100-yard kickoff return to start the Arkansas game marked the first time an Aggie has taken the opening kickoff for a TD since Leeland McElroy’s 100-yard TD return in 1994 against Southern Miss.
- There are 30% chance of Thunderstorms on Saturday, with those chances dropping to 20% that evening. High of 86 expected during the day with temperatures dropping into the 70s after sundown.