What You Need to Know:
- Texas A&M rolled into the opening weekend of college football flying high and running fast and hard through many holes; until it flew right into the sun against UCLA on Sunday night. Texas A&M is 0-1.
- Nicholls State is 1-0 on the season after beating McNeese State 37-35, winning on a field goal as time expired.
- Nicholls State is in the Southland Conference
- Nicholls State is located in Thibodaux, Louisiana. Good people in Thibodaux.
- Texas A&M last won a football game on November 19, 2016 against UTSA.
- Lines have not been posted at this time. Update in the comments once posted.
- Texas A&M is 1-0 ATS (against the spread) on this season after letting a 34 point lead turn into a 1 point loss as a +5 point underdog. College Football is weird.
- This is the first meeting between the Aggies and the Colonels
- A&M is going for its 24th straight non-conference win at home. The last loss was to Miami in 2008.
- Nicholls State’s mascot is known as Colonel Tillou, who resembles Bison from Street Fighter.
Colonels to Watch:
Damion Jeanpiere Jr., WR
Damion is a 6’1” 185 pound junior wide receiver who makes the most of his possessions after catching 3 passes for 145 yards and two touchdowns last week against McNeese State.
Lorran Fonseca, K
Lorran is a 5’11” 185 poung junior kicker who nailed a game winning field goal last week against McNeese State as time expired. He is from Brazil, so of course he can kick a ball, but not everyone can kick it under pressure. Interesting note, his sister’s name is Lorena.
- Venue: Kyle Field, College Station, Texas
- When: Saturday, September 9th at 6:00 CT
- Channel: ESPNU
- We continue to pray and support those affected by Hurricane Harvey. Even the animals. Gig Em Sydney
- Should be a sunny day with highs of 84 mid day and dipping down into the 60s for most of the game.
- Heat advisory in place all week in College Station from Kevin Sumlin’s hot seat.