What You Need to Know:
- Arkansas is 1-1 on the season and is coming off a bye week. Their last game action was a 28-7 loss against TCU. With the early bye week, Arkansas will have 10 straight games starting with Texas A&M.
- Arkansas managed 1 touchdown against TCU as QB Austin Allen threw for a career low 4-13 for 31 yards in the second half. He went 9-23 for 138 yards and 1 touchdown on the day. [Edited for correction]
- Arkansas is led by coach Bret Bielema, who is in his 5th year at Arkansas where he is 26-27 overall (10-22 in SEC). He finds himself ranked 7th on the Coaches Hot Seat List. Coach Sumlin is number 3 on this same list.
- Texas A&M is currently ranked 50th in total offense per game at 480 YPG (92nd in Passing YPG; 18th in Rushing YPG); while Arkansas is ranked 107th at 341 YPG (116th in Passing YPG; 55th in Rushing YPG). (Per ESPN)
- Texas A&M is leading the NCAA in turnover margin (+8). The defense has forced 10 turnovers through three games; while the offense has only lost one fumble and thrown one interception.
- There are tickets available Here
Association of Former Students Events:
- Midnight Yell: Friday September 22 in the Fort Worth Stockyards at the Armour-Swift steps at the end of East Exchange Avenue.
- All-Aggie Tailgate: Stats at 7:30 am on September 23 in Blue Lot 15 near the stadium.
- Arkansas opens as a +3 point underdog.
- Arkansas is 0-2 Against the Spread; while Texas A&M is 1-2 ATS* as the Aggies pushed against ULL.
- Arkansas is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games.
- Arkansas leads the all-time series 41-29-3; however, Texas A&M is on a 5 game win streak.
- Bielema is 0-4 against Sumlin and the Aggies. Sumlin is 5-0 against Arkansas while coaching at A&M.
- Famous Arkansas Alumni include John Daly, Jerry Jones, Houston Nutt, and Ellen Gilchrist.
- Texas A&M and Arkansas will play each other in AT&T Stadium through 2024.
- Arkansas has a live animal mascot named Tusk IV. Tusk is a razorback (technically a Russian Boar, but razorbacks are native to Arkansas). This is the first live animal mascot A&M will face this season.
Razorbacks to Watch:
Austin Allen, QB
Austin is the second Allen to play Quarterback for the Razorbacks. Austin is a gritty competitor who can take a hit and keep on going. He has completed 54% of this throws this season and can hurt a team focusing in on Arkansas’ typically dangerous rushing attack.
Cole Hedlund, K
Cole is 0-2 on the season on field goals missing both against TCU last Saturday. Cole is 14-24 on his career at Arkansas. This could be pivotal should Arkansas struggle to find the endzone.
- Venue: AT&T Stadium (JerryWorld), Arlington, Texas
- When: Saturday, September 23rd at 11:00 am CT
- Channel: ESPN
- Texas A&M Athletic department sat aside 18,000 tickets to the last two games at Kyle Field for those affected by Hurricane Harvey – including its survivors, first-responders, volunteers and other people that have offered aid in the ongoing Gulf Coast tragedy.
- The forecast calls for a balmy and stale NFL/neutral site atmosphere. These teams deserve to play in College Station and Fayetteville.