Today, the SEC released their 2018 conference basketball schedule... and I’m pretty happy with the results.
12/30/2017 Sat. - Alabama (Tuscaloosa, Ala.)
1/2/2018 Tue. - Florida
1/6/2018 Sat. - LSU
1/9/2018 Tue. - Kentucky (Lexington, Ky.)
1/13/2018 Sat. - Tennessee (Knoxville, Tenn.)
1/16/2018 Tue. - Ole Miss
1/20/2018 Sat. - Missouri
1/23/2018 Tue. - LSU (Baton Rouge, La.)
1/27/2018 Sat. - Kansas (Lawrence, Kan.)
1/30/2018 Tue. - Arkansas
2/3/2018 Sat. - South Carolina
2/7/2018 Wed. - Auburn (Auburn, Ala.)
2/10/2018 Sat. - Kentucky
2/13/2018 Tue. - Missouri (Columbia, Mo.)
2/17/2018 Sat. - Arkansas (Fayetteville, Ark.)
2/20/2018 Tue. - Miss. State
2/24/2018 Sat. - Vanderbilt (Nashville, Tenn.)
2/28/2018 Wed. - Georgia (Athens, Ga.)
3/3/2018 Sat. - Alabama
The full release is available at 12thman.com, but here are the cliff notes for those short on time.
- We drew an RPI-boosting home-and-home with Kentucky and Alabama
- We’ll host Florida and South Carolina without a return trip
- Our Saturday home games (LSU, Mizzou, South Carolina, Kentucky, Alabama) are pretty solid.
- The first month (which contains @ Alabama, Florida, @ Kentucky, @ Kansas) will be dark and full of terrors. If we survive that, the back half looks pretty doable.
- TV information and tip times will be announced soon
- Finally, don’t forget that our non-conference slate includes four Top 10 teams away from home. We put on our big kid scheduling pants.
Believe it or not... the season isn’t that far away, and formal preseason content will be out in a couple of months. We’re headed for a fun season, gang.