[puts on newsboy cap]
EX-TRY EX-TRY READ ALL BOUT IT - AGGIES AND DEACS ARE BELKING
Evidently your Fightin’ Texas Aggies are playing in a bowl game two weeks from today. I know. Crazy.
The Ags are heading to the Queen City to play some steamy Belky action against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons. I reckon it’s time for us to learn something about Wake in a piece I will LAZILY call STAY WOKE FOREST.
- DID YOU KNOW: Wake Forest has the smallest undergraduate population of all Power 5 schools? Only 4,955 undergrads go to Wake. It’s like they don’t know how to just grow for growth’s sake in an effort to dilute their degrees and build more ugly buildings. Like A&M. Idiots.
- NOTABLE ALUMS: Muggsy Bogues!!!! Seen above! So little and adorable! Maya Angelou (poems! and often misquoted in white girls’ Instagram posts!), Chris Paul (Rockets!), Tim Duncan (surly Spurs!), Brian Piccolo (inventor of the piccolo), and Arnold Palmer (iced tea + lemonade!)
- Home Field: BB&T Field at Groves Stadium. Capacity: 31,500. Or, more people than will be at the Belk Bowl.
- Football Conference Titles: 2 (1970, 2006)
- All-time bowl record: 7-4
Anything else to know? Not really based on my cursory Google work. Admittedly, it was quite sloppy.