What You Need to Know:
- The Lobos lost to the Aggies of Utah State last weekend and fell to 3-6 Overall and 1-5 in Conference play. New Mexico has lost four straight.
- New Mexico University is in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and plays in the Mountain Division of the Mountain West Conference.
- Texas A&M lost to ranked SEC West division foe, Auburn, on Saturday. Texas A&M is currently 5-4 overall and 3-3 in SEC play.
- Texas A&M is continuing to trend downward in Offensive yards per game and is currently ranked 82nd in total offense with 382 YPG (88th in passing YPG; 44th in rushing YPG); while New Mexico has gained one fewer yards this season than Texas A&M and is ranked 83rd in total offense with 382 YPG (120th in passing YPG; 18th in rushing YPG).
- To read up on New Mexico and the Mountain West, head on over to Mountain West Connection.
- New Mexico is a +19 point underdog and is 4-5 Against the Spread. Texas A&M is 4-4-1 ATS
- New Mexico Money line is +775.
- The Under has hit in 9 of New Mexico’s last 10 games.
- Texas A&M leads the all-time series with New Mexico, 3-0. The first game was played in 1926 in College Station. The second and third games were a part of a Home and Home series in 2008 and 2009 in Albuquerque and College Station.
- New Mexico’s Head Coach is Bob Davie, who served as an OLB coach for Texas A&M from 1985-1988; and then served as A&M’s DC from 1989 to 1993.
- New Mexico does not have a live Lobo (wolf) as a mascot. It does have two human costumed lobos, Lobo Louie and Lobo Lucy.
- Famous New Mexico Lobo Alumnis include Brian Urlacher, Don Perkins (Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor) , Gary Johnson (Geography champion and 2016 Presidential candidate), Holly Holm (MMA fighter), and Katie Hnida (first woman to score points in a Division I football game).
Lobos to Watch:
Richard McQuarley - Senior RB 5’11” 221 LBs
McQuarley leads all other Lobos players in touchdowns with 6. He tied a New Mexico school record by scoring 5 touchdowns in a single game against Air Force earlier this season. He is New Mexico’s number two leading rusher in yards but is averaging 5.3 yards per carry on 89 carries this season.
- Venue: Kyle Field, College Station, Texas
- Game Time: 6:00 pm CT
- Channel: ESPNU
- Christian Kirk is just the third Aggie to reach the 200 career-catch mark as an Aggie.
- Texas A&M has blocked a total of 5 kicks on the season (3 punts and 2 FGs)
- Forecast calls for a cloudy 74 degrees, with a low down into the 60s. There is only a 10% chance of rain currently in the forecast.