Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to Bennie Blades...
- Check out these 3 losing scores in the last 10 games. 55-24. 31-16. 31-0. Pitiful right? That's happened to Ohio State. They have the second most talented roster in the nation. They have Urban Meyer, who most would regard as the second best coach in the entire nation. They have money, facilities, fan support, exposure and are located in a talent hotbed. But this is a crazy game played by 18-22 year old college kids. As A&M moves forward in whatever direction, please try to remember this. If your expectations are perfection each and every year, you will be severely disappointed as a fan of this sport. Lose the "championship or bust" mentality. Stop pretending that if we all “demand excellence” that a 20 year old QB won’t have a bad game. It's a silly sport. Embrace that aspect of it and enjoy the ride.
- Y'all know I love Mike "Mullet Man" Gundy. I think he's an outstanding coach, has a wonderful attitude, and finds a way to keep things fun. But his record in the Bedlam series is exceptionally bad. Gundy is now 2-11 vs OU. For perspective, Les Miles was 2-2 in his four years at Oklahoma State, with far less talented teams than Gundy's had at his disposal. And no, I'm not just bitter about having the Pokes and laying the points on Saturday. I mean, maybe I'm a little bitter.
- The reason you pay attention to things like Gundy's record in Bedlam, is because rivalries are so damn important to this sport. And we're headed into the month of rivalry games in November. And yet, A&M doesn't have one on our schedule right now. When we made the move, Arkansas and LSU were always going to be the two most natural candidates for a rivalry. You had prior history, proximity of the schools and fan bases, and now the increased importance of standings within the conference division. And yet, we are 6-0 vs Arkansas, 0-5 vs LSU and haven't been able to kick start the real "hatred" of a rivalry with either of them. On top of that, the Arkansas series is played in that bastard, soulless corporate stadium in Arlington so we can't even enjoy a home and home series. If we can find a way to notch a win or two against LSU, that rivalry feeling would come back instantly. My first game at Kyle Field as a student was against LSU in 1993. There was legitimate hatred in the air between the two fan bases at that time. If only we could find a team to play each year that we already had some history with them. Someone close to A&M. With fans that live amongst us. A natural rivalry that could be brought back with the fiery hatred of a 1,000 suns. If only.
- Im legit excited for this Notre Dame - Miami game on Saturday night. I’m inpressed with the Notre Dame run game and they have some beasts on the O Line. But Richt has that Hurricane team believing. With Notre Dame laying 3, who are we taking, fellow degenerates?
- My Top Four Updated (1) Georgia (2) Iowa (3) Iowa Waving at the Children’s Hospital (4) Tulane Green Wave’s Angry Mascot Logo
- You know what I hate about a coaching search the most? The number of times I have to read or hear someone say "Well I'd throw $X at Coach So-And-So and make them say no."
- In a span of six weeks I've gone from absolutely hating the Bud Light commercials with the Dilly Dilly guys, to walking around the house with my ten year old son screaming "DILLY DILLY" and laughing our asses off each time.
- It really annoyed me that Beth Mowins kept saying on ESPN that "Texas A&M is expecting over 100,000 in attendance today." C'mon Beth. The end zones have huge swaths of empty seats. It's an 11:00 am kickoff for a team that just laid a turd the weekend before at home. That's like Beth Mowins following me to an open bar wedding reception and saying "Shooter Flatch is expecting to stay sober, and also expecting not to dance when the DJ plays Bust a Move by Young MC."
- Somewhere Saturday night in the skies between Tuscaloosa and Baton Rouge...
PEACE ALLAH ME TUH INNER DUECE MYSEFF
IMMA MANO WEFF AND TASE
BENUH ROUWN FUHA LAW LAW YEARUH
STOH MINI UH MANZ SOW DUH WAZE
IWUZ ROUNWEN JEEEZUZ CRY
HADDIS MOMUN UH DOW AN PAY
MADE DAMSHUR THUT PIH LATTE
WASH HISHAN AN SEALHIS FAY
PEACE TUH MEE YEW
HO YUH GEZ MUH NAE
CUZ WUTS CONFUEYEW ISJUSS DAH
NAE SHUR UH MYYY GAME