What You Need To Know:
- Ole Miss is 5-5 on the season and 2-4 in SEC play. Ole Miss is currently on a two game winning streak with wins over Kentucky and the Ragin’ Cajuns of Louisiana.
- The University of Mississippi is located in Oxford, Mississippi and was founded in 1848.
- Texas A&M is now bowl eligible after beating New Mexico on Saturday and 6-4 on the season and 3-3 in SEC play.
- Texas A&M is 68th in total offense averaging 400 YPG (68th in passing YPG; 57th in rushing YPG); while Ole Miss is ranked 16th in total offense with 480 YPG (6th in passing YPG; 105th in rushing YPG).
Association of Former Students Events:
- Midnight Yell will be held at Handy Park in Memphis, Tennessee. Memphis is 85ish miles from Oxford.
- All-Aggie Tailgate is being held in the parking lot of the Ole Miss Baseball Stadium in Oxford.
- Ole Miss opens as a -2.5 point favorite. Ole Miss is 3-6-1 against the spread on the season; while Texas A&M is 5-4-1 ATS.
- Texas A&M is 5-13-1 ATS in its last 19 games, and is 0-5 ATS in the last 5 games against Ole Miss.
- Texas A&M leads the all-time series 6-3 against Ole Miss; but has lost the last three. Johnny Manziel was kryptonite to Ole Miss.
- This will be A&M’s 4th time to play in Oxford since joining the SEC. A&M played in Oxford in back-to-back years in 2012 and 2013.
- The State of Mississippi has not been kind to the Aggies since 2014 as A&M is only 1-6 against Ole Miss and Mississippi State.
- Ole Miss does not have a live mascot, but I am hopeful that they will obtain a live shark on campus.
- Famous Alumni include Chad Kelly, Eli Manning, Archie Manning, John Grisham, William Faulkner (only attended; didn’t graduate), Mose Allison, James Meredith, Shepard Smith, Kate Jackson, Michael Ohr and the Tuohy family
Rebels... Ackbars... Bears...Land Sharks To Watch:
Jordan Ta’amu QB 6’2” 212lbs
Ta’amu took over the reigns of the Ole Miss offense after starter Shea Patterson went out with injury. He has thrown for 7 touchdowns in his last two outings and added two rushing touchdowns. Ta’amu is from Pearl City, HI.
A.J. Brown WR 6’1” 225lbs
Brown has over 1,000 yards receiving on 62 receptions this season. He has also reeled in 9 touchdown catches. Brown has gone over 100 yards in a game 5 times this season. Ta’amu has found a connection with Brown as Brown had 14 catches against the Ragin’ Cajuns. Brown is just the third Ole Miss WR to reach 1,000 yards in a season.
- Venue: Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Oxford, Mississippi
- Game Time: 6:00 pm CT
- Channel: ESPN2
- Christian Kirk defends Coach Sumlin
- Kirk's six punt return scores rank No. 2 among active FBS players behind only NCAA record holder Dante Pettis of Washington, who has nine in his career.
- Forecasts call for a partly cloudy day with a high of 60 and the lows dipping down to 37 degrees.