Deep in the football office complex, there’s a dusty wallsafe somewhere. It’s got a double-lock, and it hasn’t been touched in years. John Chavis has one of the keys in his desk drawer. The other was lost by a careless intern during the week before the 2007 Fresno State game.
The wallsafe is labeled “TIGHT END CONTAINMENT PROTOCOL.”
There are four points in there. We need to find that key this week.
Because the Aggies will need those points, and a few more that may be scattered around the premises. We are a solid 25-point underdog against Bama this weekend.
Where else can we find some points?
- 3.5 points can be picked up if the coaches just focus on teaching the football and stop messing with the fancy danged uniform combinations. (That’s 7.5, if you’re counting.)
- 5 points: buried in the sand and grit on a stony, cactus-riddled Junction, TX practice field. Plenty of time this week for a quick round-trip. (12.5)
- 6 points: the SEC officiating crews are good for taking this many away from us each week on Kellen Mond touchdown runs. (18.5)
- 2 POINTS IF WE JUST STICK TO RUNNIN’ THE DANG BALL NONE OF THESE CUTESY WR SWING PASSES ON FIRST DOWN JUST RUN THE DANG BALL M’ZONE IT AIN’T ROCKET SURGERY (20.5)
- .5 points: if we duly respect the Tide in all ways, shapes, and forms. Looking at you, goofy-ass t-shirt purveyors. (21)
- 4 points: a bonus rewarded if no one reads or participates in any Internet commenting this week. (There’s the 25 points, quite simple really.)
The points are there. Lying around ripe for the picking. We’ll find out Saturday night how many we were able to scrounge up, or if we decided to squirrel additional ones away somewhere instead.
Will A&M cover the spread against Alabama?
This poll is closed