Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to Stonie Clark...
- This season was always going to be judged on the second half. If the Ags had been undefeated (and lets just ignore for a few seconds how close we were to that) heading into Alabama, all that would have mattered would be the final six games of this season. We have six more Saturday’s of Aggie football. Try not to worry about the big picture. Don’t fret over what holds for the long term. These players fought like hell Saturday night vs the Death Machine that is Alabama. I hope they can keep it up. I’m gonna do my best to remember to enjoy the ride. E.T.R.
- Most Aggies probably aren’t too interested in heading to see the Red River Shootout. Typically being surrounded by Horn fans and Sooners sounds as appealing as hooking your genitals up to a car battery. But the RRS is special. If you like college football, give it a try at least once. Wear neutral white. Get to the State Fair early. Grab a Fletcher’s corny dog and a Budwesier draft in a wax cup. You dont have to pick a side, just revel in all the trash talking, taunting, and the knowledge that half the stadium will leave in despair and sadness.
- There are only three legitimate neutral site college football games. Red River Shootout. World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. Army-Navy. Everything else should be home and home. So let it written, so let it be done.
- Crappy MS Paint of the week
- My favorite thing about Iowa State winning in Norman, and trust me there were many things I loved, was a Cyclone player planting an Iowa State flag in the middle of the field after the win. I want this to become a thing in the Big 12 this year. But here’s the rule, Iowa State owns that territory now. OU is their fiefdom. So if OU takes down Texas this weekend at the Cotton Bowl, Baker Mayfield is required to run out to the 50 yard line and plant his Lordship’s Iowa State flag in the ground to claim it as their territory now.
- Not sure why Florida decided to wear some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cosplay outfits for our game on Saturday, but that state is weird as shit.
- What’s the best non Aggie college football game experience you’ve had?