What You Need to Know:
- There are still tickets available HERE
- Arkansas is 3-0 on the season and is currently ranked #17 in the AP poll and #18 in the Coach’s poll.
- A&M is also 3-0 and is currently ranked #10 in the AP poll and #13 in the Coaches poll.
- Arkansas knocked off #15 TCU in Fort Worth earlier this season. Kudos to Arkansas for finding a way to win in overtime in the Metroplex after losing the previous two games to Texas A&M in OT.
Association of Former Students Events:
- Midnight Yell Practice will be held that night in the Fort Worth Stockyards on the Armour-Swift steps at the end of East Exchange Avenue, as in years past.
- The All-Aggie Tailgate is set for 4 p.m. at AT&T Stadium's Silver Lot 14.
- Information on all other events, HERE.
- Lines open up with A&M as a 6 point favorite (-6 for 110 odds).
- A&M is 3-0 against the spread (ATS) on the season
- Arkansas is 2-1 ATS.
- Kevin Sumlin has not lost to Arkansas since taking over for Texas A&M.
- The last two meetings in Jerryworld have gone into overtime with A&M coming out on top both times.
- Arkansas leads the series 41-28-3; however, Texas A&M won the very first meeting in 1903 (6-0), and has won the last 4 games dating back to 2012.
- This is the first time since Texas A&M joined the SEC that both teams are ranked the week leading up to the Southwest Classic.
- Famous Arkansas Alumni include John Daly, Jerry Jones, Houston Nutt, and Ellen Gilchrist.
- Arkansas’ live mascot is named Tusk. The current Tusk is Tusk IV. Tusk will be in attendance this week to see the Southwest Classic and his old friend, Reveille.
Razorbacks to Watch:
Rawleigh Williams III
Williams is a 5’10” 223 pounds, running back and is the typical bruising runner that Bret Bielema is known to use. He is currently averaging 5.0 yards a carry and will be set to carry the load to try and neutralize the pass rush of Texas A&M. He has rushed over 100 yards in each of the last two games (ran for 96 in the first).
Baker is a 6’3” Senior Punter who is on the Ray Guy watch list for 2016. Currently, he is averaging 47.71 punting yards per game. Field position will be a key in this game that could turn into a physical and defensive game.
- Game Time: 8:00 pm
- Channel: ESPN
- Venue: AT&T Stadium AKA Jerryworld
- “For just the fourth time since entering the SEC in 1992, the Razorbacks have won nine times over a 10-game stretch.”
- Kevin Sumlin was the victor of the media dubbed “Hot Seat Bowl” against Gus Malzahn. Here is what the media is saying about Gus. (This doesn’t have anything to do with this game, but it’s ok to see the after math of victory)
A&M 3-0 in 3 straight years for the 1st time since WWII. Josh Reynolds now No. 3 in A&M history w/ 20 rec TDs. Good night for Aggie football— Carter Karels (@CarterKarels) September 18, 2016
The forecast calls for a balmy and stale NFL/neutral site atmosphere. Make the Southwest Classic great again and let these teams play in College Station and Fayetteville.