Five Aggie Olympians competed in events on Saturday.
- Team USA Basketball player DeAndre Jordan scored 7 points and pulled in 7 rebounds off the bench in 13 minutes of play versus China. The United States won 119-62 and will resume play versus Venezuela at 5:00 PM on Monday.
- Canadian swimmer Sydney Pickrem finished 12th in the Women's 400m individual medley at 4:38.06. Pickrem will next compete in the 200m individual medley heats on Monday at 11:56 AM.
- Swimmer Béryl Gastaldello of France finished 25th in the Women’s 100m butterfly prelims at 58.93s, missing the semi-finals. She will compete in the 100m freestyle on Wednesday at 11:02 AM. Gastaldello also competed with the French 4x100m freestyle relay team which finished 7th.
- Tongan swimmer Amini Fonua finished the Men's 100m breaststroke in 45th place at 1:06.40.
- South African soccer forward Stephanie Malherbe competed in a 2-0 loss to China on Saturday. The South African team previously lost to Sweden 1-0 and will complete play versus Brazil on Tuesday at 8:00 PM.