What You Need to Know:
- Tickets are still available HERE
- Ole Miss is 4-5 on the season and 1-4 in conference. The Rebels are coming off a 37-27 win against Georgia Southern.
- Ole Miss Starting QB Chad Kelly is out for the year. Trevor Knight might be out this Saturday.
- Ole Miss has not beaten an SEC West team this season and its only SEC Win is against Georgia.
- Texas A&M will no longer be ranked #4 in the CFP with no chance of going to the Playoffs. Still plenty to play for this season as the Ags are still ranked #10 in the AP Poll.
- The Ole Miss SBNation site is Red Cup Rebellion
- The Ags opened as a 20 point favorite, ahead of the Chad Kelly news. Before you say Vegas knows all, they did have us as -14.5 against Mississippi State...
- Aggies are 4-5 against the spread while Ole Miss is slightly worse at 3-6 against the spread. Both teams are 0-3 ATS in their last three games. Spreads don’t mean anything as long as you get the W, but some say great teams cover the spread. A&M has not been great the last few weeks.
- Texas A&M leads the all-time series 6-2. The first game was a 17-0 Aggie victory in 1911 in College Station. However, Ole Miss has won the last two meetings. Let’s not talk about last year’s game...
- Famous Alumni include Eli Manning, Archie Manning, William Faulkner, James Meredith, Shepard Smith, Kate Jackson, Michael Ohr and the Tuohy family.
Players to Watch:
The backup QBs
Hugh Freeze has not named a starter for Saturday’s game, but it will likely be redshirt freshmen Jason Pellerin who will be given the starting role. Freeze may thaw on the idea of burning the heralded Shea Patterson’s redshirt, though. 247 is reporting that the rumors out of Oxford is that the true freshmen will play. Jake Hubenak would be the starter should Trevor Knight be ruled out for the Aggies.
Engram is a 6’3" 220 lb tight end that leads the Rebels in receiving with 775 yards and 7 touchdowns. He currently holds an Ole Miss season record for number of catches in a season by a Tight End at 53. He has three games to extend his lead in that category. He is the current receiving yards leader for the SEC. It will be crucial for the defense to account for Engram and know where he is at all times when he is on the field. Probably should have a guy guard him even when he is on the sidelines for good measure.
- Lots of speculation on who will play QB on Saturday for the Aggies and the Rebels
- So maybe the ref wasn’t celebrating the Mississippi State touchdown? Well maybe don’t do the clamp down the whistle signal so joyfully next time. (we didn’t lose because of the refs)
- Second week in a row playing a team from Mississippi, second straight week of a Meth related story involving Mississippians and Texas Meth. Don’t do drugs kids, especially not Meth.
- The highs Saturday will be in the low 70s with the lows dropping into the mid 50s Saturday evening. Should be a sunny fall day for tailgating.