What You Need to Know:
- Tickets are available HERE
- Mississippi State is off to a 3-5 (1-3 SEC) start; which is their worst start since 2009.
- Mississippi State needs to win 3 more games to go bowling and plays Texas A&M, at Alabama, Arkansas, and at Ole Miss. Not looking good Bulldogs.
- Texas A&M is ranked 7th in the AP Poll
- Mississippi State’s SBNation site is For Whom the Cowbell Tolls
- Midnight Yell will be held at Southern Ag Credit
- The All Aggie Tailgate location is to be determined
- All other information can be found HERE
- The lines opened as Texas A&M -13 and has since moved to -14 for the road team.
- Texas A&M is 4-4 against the spread this season; while MSU is 3-5 against the spread this season.
- Texas A&M is 0-3 against the spread in its last three games; while MSU is 1-2 in its last three games.
- Texas A&M leads the overall series over Mississippi State 5-4. The first game was played in 1912 in Houston, Texas with the Aggies winning 41-7. Texas A&M is 3-1 against Mississippi State since joining the SEC.
- Memorable moments in the series include the infamous Snow Bowl in the 2000 Independence Bowl where a Jackie Sherrill led Bulldog team upset the Aggies on a snowy New Year’s Eve; and Johnny Manziel’s last home game at Kyle Field was against the Bulldogs.
- Famous Mississippi State Bulldogs include John Grisham, Rafael Palmeiro, Buck Showalter, and Dak Prescott.
- Mississippi State has a live mascot which is an English Bulldog named Bully. The first bulldog was used as a mascot in 1935. In that year, the football team beat Army and Alabama and bulldog has stuck ever since.
- The unofficial mascot for Mississippi State is our pal Stingray.
- Before they were known as the Bulldogs, the mascot was the Aggies, and later the Maroons. Glad there are not two Aggie teams in the SEC now.
Bulldogs to Watch:
Nick Fitzgerald, QB
Fitzgerald is a 6’5" 230 pound quarterback from Richmond Hill, Georgia. He currently has passed for 1496 yards 14 touchdowns with 7 interceptions. He is also Mississippi State’s leading rusher with 657 yards and 6 touchdowns. The defense will need to set the edge to avoid big runs off the zone read.
Richie Brown, LB
Brown is a 6’2" 240 pound senior linebacker from Long Beach, Mississippi. He is the leading tackler on the Bulldog defense with 68 tackles on the season. He offers great run stopping ability and can drop back and cover. The Bulldogs will need a big day out of Brown to stop the rushing attack of Trevor Knight, Keith Ford, and Trayveon Williams.
- Game time: 11:00am CST
- Channel: SECN
- Venue: Davis Wade Stadium, Starkvegas, Mississippi
- Aggies apparently use a lot of gigabytes. Brings a new meaning to "Gig em"
- Don’t drink/snap/undress while driving
- So you’re saying there’s a chance? Playoff hopes
- Texans keeping Meth out of Mississippi
- Saturday should be sunny with highs in the mid 70s.