What You Need to Know:
- Tickets are available HERE.
- The New Mexico State Aggies are from Las Cruces, New Mexico and play in the Sun Belt Conference.
- New Mexico State is 2-5 (1-3 in conference) on the season.
- Texas A&M is currently ranked #9 in the AP Poll.
- The spread opened at Texas A&M at -43.5.
- New Mexico State is 2-5 ATS (against the spread).
- Texas A&M is 4-3 ATS.
- The Aggies of Texas and the Aggies of New Mexico have never played each other before.
- New Mexico State has the current longest bowl drought at 55 years which goes back to 1960. New Mexico will have to win 4 of their next 5 games this season to break that streak.
- Famous Alumns: Rich Beem, Rose Marie Pangborn, and Roosevelt Skerrit.
- Again, we play an opponent without a live Mascot. New Mexico State’s mascot is known as Pistol Pete which is the same as Oklahoma State’s mascot. Thankfully, they do not use the same creepy mascot head.
Aggies to Watch:
Tyler Rogers QB
Rogers is a 6’3" 213 lb QB that has thrown for 1994 yards 11 touchdowns and 10 interceptions on the year. He has also run for 3 more touchdowns. The Aggies do not run the ball very well and the offense flows through Rogers; who is averaging 40 passing attempts a game. The Aggies are the 22nd ranked passing offense in the NCAA.
Texas Aggie Backups
Hopefully the game is well in hand and Kevin Sumlin can rest the starters and left the backups get valuable game-time experience.
- Game Time: 6:30 CST
- Channel: ESPNU
- Venue: Kyle Field, College Station, Texas
- Playoff chances? Only a fool’s hope.
- Saturday night is projected to be mostly clear with the lows in the low 60s.