Ags win! Ags win! Ags win!
Ok, maybe it wasn't quite that exciting, but still, a 25-0 shutout on the road in conference play, especially after losing three of the last five games, is worth celebrating.
With the holiday week, I haven't had time to fully chart the game and break down all the formations and personnel groups and passing targets and whatnot. But here are a few notable things from the game:
- No team this year has gained more yards or had a higher yards per play average against Vanderbilt than Texas A&M. (486/6.6)
- No team besides A&M has passed for more than 330 yards against Vanderbilt this year, and only four teams have passed for more than 225 on them. A&M passed for 336.
- No team this season has thrown for more than one touchdown against Vanderbilt.
- No team this season has converted over 42% of their 3rd downs against Vanderbilt. A&M's 35% was the 3rd-highest number allowed by Vandy this year.
- 107/175 (61%), 1610 yards, 14 TD's, 2 INT's.
- Yards per attempt: 6th (9.2 yards per pass)
- Passer rating: 7th (162 rating)
- Yards per game: 27th (268 ypg)
- TD passes per game: 14th (2.3 TD's)
- TD to interception ratio: 2nd (7:1)