What You Need to Know:
- The 12th Man Foundation still has tickets available for the game, so click HERE and be there for the first game at renovated Kyle Field.
- Lamar did not have a football program from 1990 until the start of the 2010 season due to lack of support and overwhelming deficits. Lamar is now a member of the Texas State University System, along with schools such as Sam Houston State and Texas State.
- Lamar is in the Southland Conference.
- Lamar is 1-0 on the season thanks to a 42-27 victory over Grambling State last week.
- Lamar finished 5-7 last year.
- Craig McGallion, Defensive Coordinator for Lamar, was the Defensive Line coach at A&M from 1988-1989. After that, he was a Grad Assistant Coach at Cy-Creek in Houston where he mentored future Aggie great Sam Adams.
- Jason Henderson, Lamar Athletic Director, earned Bachelor of Science degree in kinesiology (with a specialization in sports management) from Texas A&M in 2003 and a Master of Business Administration from Texas A&M-Kingsville in 2005. Henderson is also invoulved with the Beaumont A&M Club
- Saturday will be the first meeting between the Aggies and Cardinals.
- Famous Lamar students? Janis Joplin, Bum Phillips, and Kevin Millar.
- Game time: 6:30 pm CT
- Channel: SEC Network
- SEC NETWORK NOTE: With SHSU @ LSU on the SEC Network at the same time, an announcement should be made later this week about alternate channels for out-of-market viewers.
- Texas A&M Sports Network
- Texas A&M Spanish Network
Here's a look at what various media outlets are saying about the Cardinals this week:
LamarCardinals.com: Berry Names SLC Offensive Player of the Week
Beaumont Enterprise: Despite opening win, Lamar has plenty to work on
KBMT 12 News: Cards ready to take on Aggies
- What happens Saturday night?
- What are you most looking forward to seeing at new Kyle Field?
- Click on our Facebook page. Like us. Be our friend. - http://www.facebook.com/GoodBullHunting
I just checked the smoker, and this week's TAILGATE smells like delicious Cardinal meat. Come grab a bite tomorrow.