What You Need to Know:
- The 12th Man Foundation still has tickets available for the game, so click HERE and purchase yours.
- Texas A&M enters the year ranked #21 in the AP poll and #20 in the USA Today poll.
- The Gamecocks are ranked #9 in both the AP and USA Today polls.
- South Carolina is coming off an 11-2 season (6-2 in the SEC), and a 34-24 victory over Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl.
- William Brice Stadium seats 80,250 people.
Association of Former Students Events
- Midnight Yell Practice will be hosted by the South Carolina A&M Club and The Association of Former Students and will take place at the Steps of the South Carolina State House (1100 Gervais Street, Columbia, SC 29201)
- A FREE all-Aggie tailgate will be hosted hosted by The Association of Former Students and the South Carolina A&M Club in conjunction with Aggieland Outfitters. This event will kick off at 1:00 pm, and the Aggie Yell Leaders will (tentatively) stop by for a yell practice around 4:30. The All Aggie Tailgate will be located behind the fairgrounds administration offices. For more details and a map to the tailgate, click HERE.
- The Gamecocks and Aggies have never met before.
- Famous SC students? Darius Rucker (as well as the rest of Hootie & The Blowfish), Amos Lee, Charlie Weis, and Bob McNair.
- David F. Houston graduated from South Carolina in 1887, and later became both the 11th President of the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas (1902-1905), as well as the 4th President of the University of Texas (1905-1908).
Gamecocks to Watch
#28 Mike Davis (TB)
Davis, a junior, is questionable for this game. But then again, Davis was notably absent from the injury report on Spurrier's call-in show Thursday. Davis is considered a preseason Heisman candidate this season, and for good reason. He carried the ball 203 times for 1,183 yards and 11 touchdowns last season, and earned second-team All-SEC honors. He is also lightning quick in the open field, and proved it last year with two 75 yard runs.
#50 A.J. Cann (OL)
Cann, a redshirt senior left guard, is the leader of the Gamecock O-line. As a team captain last season, Cann started every game and was a first-team midseason and third-team postseason All-SEC selection by Phil Steele. Cann has 38 career starts, the most of anyone on the team, and was named both a Phil Steele and Athlon's preseason first-team All-American.
- Game time: 5:00 pm (Central)
- Channel: SEC NETWORK
- "You are looking live..." Brent Musburger will have the play by play, along with Jesse Palmer (color commentary) and Maria Taylor on the sideline.
- Radio Coverage available via the Texas A&M Sports Network and XM Radio Channel 91.
Here's a look at what various media outlets are saying about the Gamecocks this week:
CBSSports.com: Gamecocks RB Mike Davis questionable for opener
ESPN.com: South Carolina Gamecocks season preview
- What happens Thursday night?
- Favorite Hootie song?
- Click on our Facebook page. Like us. Be our friend. - http://www.facebook.com/GoodBullHunting
- Go check out the South Carolina SB Nation crew over at Garnet And Black Attack.
Post your thoughts and comments on the matchup below and let's BTHO SC!