What You Need to Know:
- NASCAR rolls into Ft. Worth this weekend for the Duck Commander 500.
- Jeff Gordon's car will include a TAMU Engineering paint scheme. Click here for time-lapse video of the car being painted.
- Gordon will visit Texas A&M's campus on Thursday to unveil the car.
- Former student and Chairman/CEO of Axalta Coating Systems, Charles Shaver '80, provided the Aggie-themed car to Texas A&M at no cost to the university.
- Axalta Coating Systems is the primary sponsor for Gordon in 10 races annually through the 2016 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season.
Gordon's Campus Visit (Thursday)
- The public is invited to attend the Aggie Race Day celebration in front of Rudder Tower at 5:30 pm.
- The Texas A&M Yell Leaders, the Texas Aggie Dance Team, Reveille, and the members of the 12th Man Pit Crew, a group of 28 engineering students who will be attending the April 6 race, will also take part in the event.
- Officials are recommending guests park in the West Campus Parking Garage and walk through the Pickard Pass tunnel and down Joe Routt Blvd. to Rudder Tower.
- We extend a big thank you to Jeff Gordon for promoting GBH in a tweet yesterday. Gig em, Jeff!
Duck Commander 500 at Texas Motor Speedway
- This is the first of two stops at Texas Motor Speedway for the NASCAR season.
- The race starts at 2:00 pm on Sunday afternoon.
- For a full weekend schedule at the track, click HERE.
- Mr. Shaver is hosting 28 Texas A&M Engineering students in Axalta's suite on race day and providing them with a behind-the-scenes look at how engineers impact one of the most popular sports in the country.
- DISCOUNTED TICKETS: Aggies can purchase discount tickets to attend the race in Fort Worth, April 4-6 at: www.texasmotorspeedway.com/aggieraceday Enter promo code: Gigem.
- Aggie Race Day Merchandise: Commemorative souvenir items of the Aggie race car will be available for purchase online soon.
- Good Bull Hunting will be on site at TMS this weekend bringing you up to the minute info and a full recap of events.