So, Louisiana Tech fancies themselves as a top caliber program, a BCS Buster, and a lock for Top-10 Status by the end of the year.
Let's take a look at some quick facts and do a little extrapolation.
- LaTech has not beaten a winning team this year.
- The have only held one opponent under its Offensive Average (Illinois only had 324 yards)
- Every team so far has outpaced their own average Scoring Offense versus LaTech's defense to the tune of 42% on average (remember that number you'll need it later)
- LaTech, on the other hand, has outpaced each opponent's scoring defense to the tune of 58% (wow! that's a big number... remember it too for it won't be as significant as you might think)
- Only Virginia was able to hold LaTech underneath it's own Defensive Average (LaTech only gained 385 yards against Virginia)
Okay, so remember those numbers I asked you to hold in your head - 42% and 58%. If we do a little extrapolation based on Texas A&M's results and LaTech's known tendencies versus their opponents average we could estimate that A&M would achieve 42% greater than it's average 44.6 points per game: 44.6 + (44.6 * 42%) = 63 points. We could also infer that LaTech would achieve 58% greater than Texas A&M's 14.8 points allowed per game: 14.8 + (14.8 * 58%) = 30 points.
Anyways, I wrote all that so that you could understand this: