What You Need to Know:
- Want to join us at Kyle Field? Come on. The 12th Man Foundation has a limited number of tickets remaining. You can purchase tickets HERE.
- UTEP comes into town with a 1-6 record so far (0-4 C-USA).
- The Miners are 0-17 all-time in road games versus BCS conference teams.
- UTEP QB (and former Aggie QB) Jameill Showers injured his shoulder during the Miners' loss to Rice and will not play this weekend.
- Saturday will be the third meeting between A&M and UTEP.
- Texas A&M leads the all time series 2-0. Both games (1984 and 2000) were played in College Station.
- Famous UTEP alumni include Ed Hochuli, Tim Hardaway, and Jack Handey (yes, that Jack Handey).
Miners to Watch
# 29 - Aaron Jones (RB)
Jones is the FBS freshman leader in rushing yards per game (106.1), and is averaging 5.8 yards per carry this season.
# 9 - Jordan Leslie (WR)
Leslie is the Miners leading receiver this year, averaging 17.5 yards per catch and 70 yards per game. He has five TDs on the season and three plays of over 50 yards.
# 9 - Jameill Showers (QB)
Unfortunately, Showers suffered a separated shoulder over the weekend and is out indefinitely. We here at GBH have always been big fans, so we wanted to update you on his body of work this season. Showers has thrown for 1263 yards and 11 touchdowns this season. He has four rushing TDs as well, and is UTEP's second-leading rusher with 192 yards.
- Game time: 8:00 pm CT
- Channel: ESPN2
- Brock Huard, Mark Jones, and Jessica Mendoza will be calling the game.
- Radio Coverage available via the Texas A&M Sports Network and XM Radio Channel 199.
Here's a look at what various media outlets are saying about UTEP this week:
- Predict the score and tell us what you're most looking forward to Saturday night.
- Click on our Facebook page and give us a thumbs up - http://www.facebook.com/GoodBullHunting
- Go say hello to our UTEP SB Nation crew over at http://www.minerrush.com/
Post your thoughts and comments on the matchup below and check back tomorrow for the weekly Good Bull Hunting TAILGATE.